Business Intelligence (BI) solutions
You can only serve your customers well if you know exactly what they need. And you can only optimise your organisation and processes if you have a clear view of all the major trends, developments and KPIs. With Business intelligence solutions, you can obtain the knowledge and insights you need to make better decisions and optimise your business based on evidence.
Success in business intelligence starts with five clear principles
Business intelligence is about more than just making raw data accessible, analysing it and understanding it. We believe data needs to be converted into information that can lead to action. This is why we adopt a successful strategy – developed in house – to resolving information issues. This strategy is based on five key principles.
- The information requirements are the starting point: Set criteria for formulating information requirements and ensure they are related to a company objective or process monitoring.
- Clear and unambiguous definitions: Good reporting depends on many factors, but the starting point should always be to draw up the right definitions. However, different departments within a single organisation will often apply their own definitions.
- Continuously add value and reduce waiting times: Not all requirements can be met at the same time. You should therefore address them based on priorities. You should also add the function you need on an incremental basis. By doing so, each new function will add value.
- No technically driven solutions: Implement a solution only if it is in line with your BI strategy. Technically driven implementations are a waste of resources. You should devote your time and energy exclusively to functions that genuinely help the user.
- Simplicity: The extent to which people enjoy working with a solution is determined by its user friendliness. Extensive functions do not always improve accessibility for the end user. What the business needs is clear and simple reports that genuinely work.
What is the best business intelligence solution?
There are many different BI solutions available, which vary considerably in terms of capabilities and price. The solution that is most suitable for your organisation depends entirely on your requirements. For example, do you primarily want to review the past, or do you need an intelligent solution that also makes predictions? Do you need the most up-to-date, real-time information derived directly from your source systems?
Ctac helps you on your way
In practice, there are all kinds of existing situations that you should take into account, such as multiple sources with large volumes of data, multi-cloud environments, analytics and self-service capabilities where manoeuvrability is essential. Ctac helps you select a BI solution that matches your requirements and your systems. Would you like to find out more about the most suitable BI solution for your situation? If so, please don't hesitate to contact us.